US Personal Tax Returns

US Citizens and Green Card holders are responsible for tax filing and taxes owed on worldwide income regardless of their country of residence. In many cases due to tax treaties, allowable deductions and the exclusion amount ($91,500 for the 2010), the tax owed may be reduced or be zero. However, regardless of the tax position, it is still necessary to file a return.

The deadline to file is April 18th, 2011 but US Citizens and Green Card Holders living abroad, including those serving in the military, receive an automatic 2 month extension. A further 4 month extension to October 17th is also possible. It is important to note that any taxes owed are due by April 18th, even where an extension has been granted. Interest and penalties will begin to accrue after this deadline on any unpaid taxes owing.

Let Solid Japan’s US CPA prepare your return for you.

Solid Japan | Equiom